Lunatico software problem under NINA v.3

Information on the Good Night System (GNS) and Lunatico Last Line of Defence.
Note!
Please remember that even though we try our best to stay on top of forum threads, this is not always possible. For faults or urgent matters, reach us at support@lunaticoastro.com. Thanks!
Maxastro59

Lunatico software problem under NINA v.3

Hello, I'm asking for help with a problem that's bothering me quite a bit. I have been a Seletek (Platypus) user practically since the beginning and I have never had problems using the software and drivers up to the latest version 4.8 with any remote control software: CCD Commander, CCD Autopilot, and for a couple of years NINA . But I recently updated NINA from version 2.3 HF2 to version 3 (#076, the latest). Well NINA is no longer able to connect with the Platypus generating this ASCOM error you can see in pic. 1

The strange thing is that NINA sees the focuser very well, detects it when scanned, opens the settings window etc... but it doesn't connect. I uninstalled the v. 3 and reinstalled 2.3 and everything works. I asked the problem on NINA Discord and the guru D. Ghent replied, advising me to contact Lunatico. He believes that the problem may be related to the use of the new .NET7. Attached is both the screenshot in which the error is generated and the one of the dialogue with Ghent on Discord, in the hope that a solution can be found

Thanks again and best regards
Massimo
Screenshot 2023-11-07 alle 23.45.18.png
Screenshot 2023-11-07 alle 23.45.18.png (752.88 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
Screenshot 2023-11-08 alle 18.01.38.png
Screenshot 2023-11-08 alle 18.01.38.png (502.7 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
Screenshot 2023-11-08 alle 18.01.52.png
Screenshot 2023-11-08 alle 18.01.52.png (214.25 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
magarcia

Re: Lunatico software problem under NINA v.3

Dear Massimo,

Miguel here. First of all, I will install that version of NINA and try to reproduce it. If there something missing (as Ghent says), be sure we will include whatever assembly is necessary as long as we break nothing backwards.

Please keep in mind the version you are testing is still unstable... and that is what surprises me from Ghent's response: drivers are working in latest NINA version (and all other software that use ASCOM driver for that matter), they are ddeveloping a new version and it fails there.

He may be right, and we will look into it, for what it's worth. But I'd advise you using the latest stable version.

I will keep you posted.

Best regards
Maxastro59

Hi Miguel, thanks for your reply.
IMO it's very important you (and Dale Ghent) can resolve this issue because NINA has now become one of the first choice software for automatic session control, and it would be a shame if users of your driver could not access the latest releases of NINA. For the moment I will continue to use version 2.3 but in the next one there are some functions that I would like to have and I hope that sooner or later the problem will be solved. Probably a direct contact between you and Ghent regarding the matter could be very useful.
Thanks again and happy WE.

Massimo
Maxastro59

For your information I had the same problem on another PC (always Win 10) with which I control my C8 Edge and on which I have a Lunatico motor controlled by the Limpet. So it is really an incompatibility problem between version 3 of NINA and your software.
Regards
Massimo
magarcia

Dear Massimo,

Thank you very much for your inputs. They have helped spotting the issue.

I have to recognize Greg is right and it is neither NINA's or our fault
.NET has changed which implicit conversions are allowed, making legal conversions become invalid when running under .NET7 (which is used by NINA) and above.

Greg is right, there is nothing he can do on his side, so we will have to look for a way to workarond this.

We will work on this right away and I wlll keep you up to date.

Thank you very much for reporting this, for your further input and thank Greg for giving the clue on .NET7

Best regards
Maxastro59

Thanks Miguel,
Hoping you can find a solution soon Fell free to comunicate your updates also to my email address if necessary

Best regards
Massimo
Jaime

Hello,

just an update, we are working on this fix now - Miguel Angel will report back soon.

Best regards,

jaime
baldgeek

How is the progress on this? Any updates to be shared?
magarcia

Hi!

I apologize!! This was already fixed and I had a list of customers and forum threads to write to.... clearly I missed this!

If you download new Dragonfly sofware (6.3.0) https://lunaticoastro.com/dragonfly/cur ... nstall.exe that should fix the issue with NINA3

Apologies for missing this thread
Best regards
Miguel
baldgeek

Excellent news. Thanks Miguel!!