GNS Voyager integration

Information on the Good Night System (GNS) and Lunatico Last Line of Defence.
Note!
Please remember that even though we try our best to stay on top of forum threads, this is not always possible. For faults or urgent matters, reach us at support@lunaticoastro.com. Thanks!
Craig

GNS Voyager integration

I am testing the GNS software with Voyager using DragScript. This is the script I am using for the test:

Script
External Script: C:\update.vbs “Event 1” 10
Wait Time: 00:00:05 Interval
External Script: C:\update.vbs “Event 2” 15
End

When I run the DragScript the Windows GNS app opens up and correctly shows the event messages and timers. It then times out 15 seconds after Event 2.
On my Tablet I am testing with the NAP version of GNS Android App. It connects to the windows app and it also shows Event 1 and begins a 10 second countdown.
The problem: when Voyager updates the windows app, 5 seconds after Event 1, the windows app does not update the Android app. So when the Event 1 timer times out at 10 seconds I get a timeout alert on the tablet.
In other words, the tablet sees the first event but does not get refreshed with the second event.
Is there something I need to do in the Voyager external script call from DragScript to reset the tablet? Or, is this what the NAP version of the Android app does, but not the paid version?
Jaime

Re: GNS Voyager integration

Hello Craig,

that's not a problem with the Nap version, just the timings too tight. The GNS app will poll, from the phone, every few seconds (you can change that in the settings, polling period) - it is usually enough 5 seconds or so, we want to detect a problem, but a few seconds won't make any difference.

So, for your test to work, either reduce the polling period, or increase the time limits of the tests, or both.

Cheers!

jaime
Craig

Hi Jaime,
That did it .. everything working perfectly now so later today i will go ahead and purchase the app. GNS is a real life saver for my project .. thank you heaps for writing that for us.

Craig
Jaime

Hi Craig,

not at all! And really glad you find it useful, it's really satisfying when we get (from time to time) a message from someone sharing how the GNS has saved their day (er, night).

Cheers,

jaime