Me or a deficiency of GNS/LLLOD??

Information on the Good Night System (GNS) and Lunatico Last Line of Defence.
Note!
Please remember that even though we try our best to stay on top of forum threads, this is not always possible. For faults or urgent matters, reach us at support@lunaticoastro.com. Thanks!
the_blue_jester

Me or a deficiency of GNS/LLLOD??

I think the LLLOD and GNS is a good cocept but am struggling to see how it can work properly for me.

I appreciate it may be viewed as an emergency backup but no matter how a session terminates (by LLLOD or via automation software) both LLLOD and GNS essentially finish.

I am in the UK and with our frequent weather issues it seems that LLLOD/GNS can only ever monitor the first close down of the dome. If the automation software detects good weather and reopens the dome the GNS app or LLLOD do not restart.

I have even setup a script during pause (I use Voyager) to kill and restart LLLOD/GNS on the PC but even then the phone app doesn't start monitoring again, it just says session ended by observatory.

is there an automatic way to restart the phone app GNS remonitoring?

thanks

Paul
Jaime

Re: Me or a deficiency of GNS/LLLOD??

Hi Paul,

I am afraid the GNS app is designed to switch itself off - and allow the device to start saving battery - as soon as the session is ended.

For your case (and I only recall one other user asking for this, in the many years the GNS app has been around), you would need to write some custom script to keep the session alive while you wait for the roof to open again - the LLLOD will no do that.

I think with Voyager that would be possible.

Hope this helps,

jaime
the_blue_jester

Jaime,

Thanks for replying. I can get round the LLLOD side of things as I can write scripts to terminate and restart LLLOD. The issue is the GNS side - when it detects a corrdct/safe closure it doesn't (seem) to want to re-read LLOD even when I restart LLLOD with a new instance in Voyager.

thanks

Paul
Jaime

Hi Paul,

the only way around of this I can think of, would be to send an update to the GNS with a very long timeout (instead of closing the session)- I'll give it a thought and see if that's something we can change in LLLOD.

This has to be optional as most people just close for the night.

Cannot commit to any timeline, though... not sure when we'll be able to address this.

Best regards,

jaime